Friday, May 21, 2010

Anyone good at physics?? Need help Please!!?

The route followed by a hiker consists of three displacement vectors A,B,and C . VectorA is along a measured trail and is 2590 m in a direction 25.0 ° north of east. Vector B is not along a measured trail, but the hiker uses a compass and knows that the direction is 37.0 ° east of south. Similarly, the direction of vector C is 30.0 ° north of west. The hiker ends up back where she started, so the resultant displacement is zero, or A+B C + = 0. Find the magnitudes of (a) vector and (b) vector .








I'm soo stuck and I know its easy. I tried adding by components and I got 2347 for Ax, .6018B for Bx, and -.866C for Cx. for Ay 1094, By -.7986 and .50C for Cy but they don't add up to zero so I got it wrong?? Help please

Anyone good at physics?? Need help Please!!?
This problem uses the law of sines.


No comments:

Post a Comment