Sunday, August 2, 2009

Could anyone help me with basic vectors and introductory physics topics?

I'd like to see how these problems are done step by step....


Suppose A = BC where A has the dimensions L/M and C has the dimensions L/T. Then B has the dimension: (I got b = l^2/mt) -very unsure though





A sailboat leaves a harbor and sails 1.1 km in the direction 75degrees nort of east where it stops. The boat later sails 1.8 km in the direction 15 degrees south of east. What is magnitude of resultant displacement? ( I got 2.1)

Could anyone help me with basic vectors and introductory physics topics?
The dimensional analysis seems right - not sure though.





A) x= 1.1 cos 75, y= 1.1 sin 75





B) x= 1.8 cos -15, y= 1.8 sin -15





Add x components


Add y components





Resultant = (Sqrroot( x^2 + y^2))


No comments:

Post a Comment